Thursday, October 13, 2011

Follow up Soup Recipe....and a Goodbye, for now.


First, I want to share the scrumptious soup recipe I spoke of weeks ago (so sorry for that time lapse), it was quick and easy to make (the chopping of ingredients took up the most time), and was amazingly tasty and filling, I dearly hope you can find the time to try it out for yourself!

Secondly, this will be my last blog post for a long time. I have been thinking, thinking, thinking about this, and after much consternation and deliberation, I have decided to temporarily stop blogging. I feel that at this chapter in my life, I am so short on time, energy, and causes to post that I really need to just call this quits for awhile and stop worrying about how very little I do get around to posting.

I do very much look forward to eventually being at home in a few years (hopefully with my own cute little munchkins), testing and sharing new recipes weekly, accomplishing small tasks which I may share (like tons more knitting/crocheting/sewing projects, among other things), and just posting about daily life with my husband and (hopeful) children. Right now I just feel like I am extremely limited on what I may post; I can't really speak much of the children I nanny due to privacy reasons, and I honestly don't do very  much besides work. I love my life, and am extremely happy with where I am right now, but I usually have to really rack my mind for posting ideas.

Thank you all so much for the love, friendship and good humor you have shared with me, I will still pop in and read each of your blogs every now and again, and I fervently hope that eventually, you won't be afraid to come back to mine once I open it back up again. God Bless you all in everything you do, thank you for taking the time to take a small peek into my life!


Now, here is the marvelous recipe, I do hope you'll try it! :o)

Chicken and Potato Soup with Bacon

Serves: 4

you will need:

1T Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Onion, sliced
9oz./250g smoked lean Bacon, chopped
2 large Leeks, sliced
2T all-purpose Flour
4 Cups Chicken Stock
1lb. Potatoes, chopped
7oz. skinless Chicken Breast, chopped
4T Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper
Cooked Bacon and sprigs of fresh flat-leaf Parsley, to garnish.

~*~*~*~*~

Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the chopped bacon and leeks and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring.

In a bowl, mix the flour with enough stock to make a smooth paste and stir it into the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour in the remaining stock, then add the potatoes and chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes, until the chicken and potatoes are tender and cooked through.

Stir in the cream and cook for another 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with the cooked bacon and flat-leaf parsley and serve immediately.

There you are! I hope you'll enjoy it! We did enjoy the bacon garnish, but found that the soup tasted just as good without it. I also left out the parsley garnish, as I didn't have any in my kitchen and figured it wouldn't make a very noticeable difference.

If you enjoy this soup, I would highly recommend the book I posted about previously, from which I took this recipe: 100 Best Fresh Soups: the ultimate ingredients for delicious soups including 100 tasty recipes. The book has no one author, but was put together by the "Love Food" organization.




Enjoy your evening, and thank you again for all the love you've shown!

Many Blessings to you,



6 comments:

  1. So sorry to read your "good-bye" post. I applaud you, though, for knowing when it's time to step back. And I want to encourage you to never let go of your dreams, hopes, and wishes! Hope to see you back here sooner rather than later. With love, L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. I'm sorry to see you step back, but when blogging becomes a burden, it's time to take a little break. Who knows? You might be back sooner than you think, full of energy and great ideas! Best wishes, though, in the meantime :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to making this soup. Thanks so much for the recipe!

    I understand your dilema...it is so hard to fit everything we want to do into a day!

    I have enjoyed your blog....we'll be here if you get time for a quick post.

    I'll just say see you later.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. L., Thank you so much for the encouragement and faith you've shown in my spontaneous posting, I am so blessed to have you in my life, and I always love seeing what you've posted on your beautiful blog! :oD

    Gingerbread Lady, Thank you for your encouragement as well! I am flattered that you read my blog, I adore your posts, pictures and crocheting, and I hope to eventually be able to share what I hope will be half as beautiful crocheted projects as yours are! ;o) Thank you for your understanding and blessings, I will be reading your posts, even if I'm not creating new ones myself!

    Nanny, thank you for sticking with me and always leaving such sweet, caring comments! I do indeed hope I will be able to come up with a quick post now and then! I also love keeping up with your posts; It is so much fun to catch a glimpse of what your life is like in beautiful Arkansas, thank you for sharing your joy for life. :o)

    Thank you each so very much, I do hope you will be around when I do return to post more regularly, and I value the friendship you have shared so much, even if you are so far away and we've never met!

    ~JAG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your "someday posts." Keep a little notebook handy . . . before you know it, your head will be swimming with ideas (especially as little ones come along!) and you'll have plenty to write about! God's richest blessings as you step away for a time, enjoying life to the fullest, right where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Julianna! It makes me sad to put my blog on hold, but it has been a bit relieving to not feel so guilty about rarely blogging. I do hope that once I am able to be at home full-time I will be able to find more to write about, and the time in which to write. :-) I truly love and admire your posts, I look to you as one of those women I hope to someday resemble when it comes to raising a family! Your posts are so very "Little Women, " and in my family, that is a great thing! I look forward to continuing to keep up with your blog, thank you for being such a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!