Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Wonderful Read!

Good Morning! :o)

I must make this post brief, as I am about to head out the door to join my little sisters for an afternoon of gift-shopping for my wonderful Mom's upcoming birthday, but I have been meaning to share this book with you and will do that now!

I was looking for a good book to read the other day at Barnes & Noble, and remembered several (probably about five) friends recommending this book, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett, to me. So, I sought it out, enjoyed the first few pages enough to purchase it, and I devoured the book within one week! I would highly recommend this great novel to each of you. While it is a bit lengthy, it is what I would call an easy read, and it is written so very well. 

I would also tell you to go look for it at Target, as they are selling it for about $5 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.



Click HERE to read a quick summary about the book. :o)

Let me know if you read it, I really loved it!



I'm sure many of you will have seen the recent trailer for the upcoming film based upon the book, but if not, you may watch it below! In all honesty, I don't think the movie will even come close to how great the book is; It looks to me like the writers have turned it into more of a humorous film than the serious and sometimes humorous story that it is. Enjoy!





Have a wonderful day!





P.S. I'm sorry if the video is cut off; if it is, you should be able to go to the original page by clicking on the video itself. Or you can also go to youtube.com and type in "The Help." :o)

1 comment:

  1. I read this when it first came out a couple of years ago and loved it! I am looking forward to seeing the movie.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!