Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gratituesday

I am going to copy one of my very favorite people, and begin writing "gratituesday" posts. Every Tuesday I am going to share what I am thankful for, be it old or new, constant or not. I think it's a wonderful thing to count our blessings, and I know that I especially need to remind myself of all the wonderful things in my life on those days I feel grouchy and spiteful. If you feel inclined to share your blessings, please do so, I would love to hear about them! :o)

This week, I am thankful for:

1. My wonderful husband who is always my rock in hard times, and is so patient and helpful, even when I can   sometimes be disagreeable to spend time with!

2. A warm, dry, 900 sq. ft. apartment to live in, with a strong door that locks, two bedrooms and two toilets (woo-hoo!), and a kitchen big enough to fit a small table in. 
What  a luxury this place really is; so many people worldwide live together in a one-room home with very little possessions.

3. A great job with two little cuties who give me hugs and kisses every day! 
Sometimes I really tire of working full-time, dealing with toddler tantrums, and not being able to make decisions the way I might with my own children, but I am so very blessed to be paid so well, teach future grown-ups how to be decent people, and develop such a beautiful friendship with a wonderful family.

4. Wonderful women in my life to talk to/vent to/laugh with! 
What in the world would I do without any of the dear female friends and family members I have in my life?? I would be an anxious, bitter and frustrated mess more often than I am now! It is such a blessing to be able to open my heart and mind up before these amazing women of God, and I praise Him every day for bringing them into my life, whether I see them often or not.

5. Two hands with which I may work hard during the day and craft with during the evenings and weekends! 
Seriously, this may sound amusing, but how lucky are we all to have been given two working hands? I love keeping busy, whether it is folding laundry, wiping noses (or baby bums), crocheting, baking, snowboarding, you name it, and I couldn't do any of those things without my two hands. ;o)


There are my five blessings for today! I have many more great things I am thankful for, but I will just have to share those another time. I hope you feel blessed too, even if things might be very trying for you right now. Life can be so stressful and painful at times, but it always helps to remember that it could always be much worse, and I know writing these Tuesday posts will help me to keep that in mind.

Many blessings,

6 comments:

  1. HI - I hope it's not too personal to get back to you on your comments here, I could not find your email anywhere.

    Your words were so sweet - about Motherhood. I do hope your time will go by quickly - you sound like you will be a wonderful Mother as you are already putting thought into how you would like to do it. Some never even consider until they are smack in the thick of it. I would say, get your body ready now, if I may be so bold... so many girls "our age" - I have no idea how old you are - are having infertility problems... more of my friends than not... go off the pill if you are on it and switch to FAM and an ovulation microscope... look into alternative health blogs and see what they say too about diet and fertility. That way, when you are ready, so is your body :) I honestly can't imagine having to wait for something you want so badly but on the other hand, while I did give Motherhood much thought, hubby and I have always flown by the seat of our pants considering his career and how he would provide for us - it's been an interesting 6 years of parenting as we battled... I'll spare you the details. It's great that you two have a plan.

    As far as signing. I only do the basics, like manners and a few animals, I don't go crazy. Aidan spoke at two years very intelligently. like a switch was flipped. From a few words in English (and French) to BAM! And he was a great and early signer. Amélie signed early and spoke very early, like "Are you making eggs for me?" at two years. Juliette is 16 months and signing a bit and understands EVERYTHING we say and is starting to make the beginning constanant sounds of a handful of words. None of them watch TV and I never modified my vocabulary when speaking to them, thus they use crazy words like, intelligent, government, actually, prefer, rather... it's hilarious.

    Sorry so long and so "nosy" as far as the baby stuff goes - just shooting off the top of my head.

    You flatter me so. Thank you again for your kind, thoughtful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving a lovely note on my blog, and I love your 5 blessings- I've been writing a Gratitude journal and it just reminds me of all MY blessings, especially when I can't see too many of them!!!
    Wishing you a blessed and peaceful day XXXX (P.S. Re, the cake, I can convert measurements for you if you like- it is worth it, hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too sweet. :)

    Counting (and recounting) our blessings -- what a fabulous way to acknowledge God's goodness!

    By the way, I love your wallpaper; where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, thank you so much for your sweet and thoughtful response! I loved every word you had to say, it is so nice to hear your advice, thank you. :) I wrote to you at the e-mail address posted on your blog, did you happen to get my message?

    Emily, you are so welcome, and thank you for visiting my blog! :D What a great idea, a gratitude journal would certainly help anyone to see the brighter side of things, maybe I should make one too! ;) I would love to have your recipe in American measurements if you have the time to convert it, thank you so much!

    And Lisa, I actually goofed on my html, and accidentally used two codes from shabbyblogs.com for my background....this current look was the result and I love it, lol! I can show you how I did it sometime if you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there.....found you at Dottie's and just wanted to pop in and say. You sound like a delightful woman with a good head on your shoulders. Look forward to getting to know you better.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jo, thank you for leaving such a sweet compliment! I need to write a new post soon; my poor blog has been very much neglected the past few weeks. Please come again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!