I am going to copy one of my very favorite people, and begin writing "gratituesday" posts. Every Tuesday I am going to share what I am thankful for, be it old or new, constant or not. I think it's a wonderful thing to count our blessings, and I know that I especially need to remind myself of all the wonderful things in my life on those days I feel grouchy and spiteful. If you feel inclined to share your blessings, please do so, I would love to hear about them! :o)
This week, I am thankful for:
1. My wonderful husband who is always my rock in hard times, and is so patient and helpful, even when I can sometimes be disagreeable to spend time with!
2. A warm, dry, 900 sq. ft. apartment to live in, with a strong door that locks, two bedrooms and two toilets (woo-hoo!), and a kitchen big enough to fit a small table in.
What a luxury this place really is; so many people worldwide live together in a one-room home with very little possessions.
3. A great job with two little cuties who give me hugs and kisses every day!
Sometimes I really tire of working full-time, dealing with toddler tantrums, and not being able to make decisions the way I might with my own children, but I am so very blessed to be paid so well, teach future grown-ups how to be decent people, and develop such a beautiful friendship with a wonderful family.
4. Wonderful women in my life to talk to/vent to/laugh with!
What in the world would I do without any of the dear female friends and family members I have in my life?? I would be an anxious, bitter and frustrated mess more often than I am now! It is such a blessing to be able to open my heart and mind up before these amazing women of God, and I praise Him every day for bringing them into my life, whether I see them often or not.
5. Two hands with which I may work hard during the day and craft with during the evenings and weekends!
Seriously, this may sound amusing, but how lucky are we all to have been given two working hands? I love keeping busy, whether it is folding laundry, wiping noses (or baby bums), crocheting, baking, snowboarding, you name it, and I couldn't do any of those things without my two hands. ;o)
There are my five blessings for today! I have many more great things I am thankful for, but I will just have to share those another time. I hope you feel blessed too, even if things might be very trying for you right now. Life can be so stressful and painful at times, but it always helps to remember that it could always be much worse, and I know writing these Tuesday posts will help me to keep that in mind.