Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sugar Fiend


I was so excited to find the orange creme kind!


Ever since I was little, chocolate-covered marshmallows have been a favorite of mine!


I like to eat these chickies stale. ;o)


Dark chocolate, of course.


And a lil' something fruity to contrast with all that chocolate! ;o)


It's funny; up until I moved out of my parents' house (at the age of 20!), I received an Easter-basket full of goodies each Easter morning. I think it might have had something to do with the fact that I had much younger sisters and my Mom didn't want to leave me out of the fun, but I still felt spoiled by this treat! We'd get up before church and go find our baskets, often getting each other's mixed up amidst the excitement of finding one at a time! One of my little sisters always ended up rather upset that they didn't get my basket. ;P

Now it isn't quite so exciting, I have to take myself to the store to pick out my goodies, and it's often well before Easter morning that I eat them all up. But what can I say, I still get excited over those little yellow Peeps and chocolate eggs/bunnies every year!

Easter is among my top three favorite holidays, not just for the candy, but also (and most importantly) for the knowledge that my Savior is Risen, and lives on!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we celebrate! He is Risen! I love that your mom kept making you a basket until you left home. Easter is one of my favorites, too. We will be going to visit my daughter, grandson and SIL this year and I can't wait to dye eggs!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you celebrate Easter too Tanna! :) Isn't it such a happy day? I hope you have fun with your daugher, s-i-l and grandson, I'm sure you must miss them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, the processed food snob is a sellout for Easter candy... keep me away from the Peeps and those pretty peanut MnM's!Thanks for your kind words about my sister's shower!
    Angela,
    Parisienne Farmgirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Well I'm glad you don't deny yourself some of the traditional goodies, they are just too good to pass up aren't they?? ;D Thank you for visiting my little page, I adore your blog!

    Take Care,

    ~Just a Girl

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!