Friday, April 8, 2011

Simply Fabulous

It's Fabulous Friday everyone!! I don't know about all of you, but I have had a wonderful, sunny day (it hit 60 degrees, yay!), and am so thrilled that it's the weekend! :) I recently made a new friend who is near to my age, and after I got off work for the day we went out for lunch and a lot of encouraging and fun conversation, it was so refreshing to meet another girl I "click" with. Then I went to the craft store (JoAnn Fabric) with my darling sis and made some lovely purchases:



I found this funky 7"- tall candleholder for just $3.97, originally $17.00! The 4" tall candle inside was $4.99, and is Gardenia scented; our apartment smells amazing right now. :)



I found this "Genie Bottle Vase" for only $5.99, isn't it bright and cheerful? Don't mind the mess in the background. ;P




I found this sparkly little papillon to go in my hair! It was $1.79 and came with a small alligator clip pre-attached to the back, so I'm going to give it a try later on this weekend. It's not quite so enormous as it might appear.



I purchase this happy bunch of fake Gerbera Daisies (I know, fake, how corny right?) for only $1.79.....


.....to go into the Genie vase in my kitchen or living room (haven't decided which yet)! It looks much prettier when the sun is streaming through, this isn't the greatest picture.



I also discovered this nice little package of fray-resistant "craft thread," {not embroidery thread mind you!} for and have decided to revisit my junior-high days (for what reason I really can't say...ugh) and make some nifty friendship bracelets! :) I was originally going to buy a really cool cross-stitch kit, but didn't relish the idea of dropping another $15.00 on something that I can buy another time.

So all in all, after submitting a 20% off coupon, I spent $20.00 on everything, which is a pretty good deal if you ask me!  I am now back at home, with an aching head and two aching feet, sipping on a mug of coffee and trying to decide if I want to spend the time to make Biscuits and Gravy for dinner. In case you can't tell, I did get paid today, so these items were a little treat for myself, and I probably won't be heading back to the craft-store for quite some time. That place is a death-trap for women's wallets everywhere!! ;) 

I am off to make something filling and tasty for dinner, but I hope your Friday was as enjoyable as mine! May your evening be restful and blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!