Thursday, April 7, 2011

~A {not so quick} Quote~

I am somewhat of a worrywart. Okay, no, I am a big worrywart, just ask my husband. ;o) Worrying really is pointless, because it doesn't solve anything. Worrying is also sinful in God's eyes, because we need to remember that He already knows our hearts, lives and futures, and He always has a great plan for us, even when things seem incredibly hard and cruel. It really is a terrible insult to our Creator to worry about anything, even when worrying seems like the best thing to do. (Go read Matthew 6:25-27)


This evening, I am actually not worried about anything at all. At this point in my life/marriage, my wonderful man and I pretty much live paycheck-to-paycheck and, barring any emergencies coming up, sometimes we manage to put some money away. He is in school, and works about two hours every day after class, and sometimes not even that much.

 I work 40+ hpw, and am the main provider in our family right now. Sometimes this is hard for me to gracefully accept because most of my friends/acquaintances are stay-at-home-Moms right now, and I have to wait at least two more years (probably more) to start my own family, as I want to be at home with my kids. But I also cherish the fact that right now my hubby and I can go see a movie or grab a beer (yes, yes I prefer beer) on a whim, among other fun things. I have to be patient and remind myself of these fun things constantly so that I'm not inwardly grumbling and griping. :o)

Anyway, this was meant to be a quick post, but has turned into an a near-essay. I just wanted to say that I think it's rather hilarious that my man and I went to the minute-mart yesterday and our cards were denied due to lack of funds (how embarrassing), and I'm still not worried! I do get paid tomorrow, and we'll be back on high ground again, but it's rather an odd thing to sometimes exhaust our funds to almost nothing without feeling terribly concerned about it. It isn't because we've spent our cash unwisely, but rather that my husband has had very little work in the past few months, and the bills/groceries/GAS just ate everything up. I guess that's just part of being young and married!


I just wanted to post a quick encouraging quote that I discovered recently. I think of this quote anytime I start to worry, and it's sort of become a little mantra of mine! ;o)


Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.  ~Glenn Turner


Have a happy "almost-Friday" night! :)

Blessings,


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that quote, I need a sampler made with that on it! I also said a prayer of thanks for you today for reminding me we must cherish those who encourage us in our faith.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worry is only sensible when it leads to something productive - when worrying brings you to a solution or an alternative. Worrying about something you can't change or affect just knocks months off your life. (Ask me how I know. No, actually, don't. I could compete in the Worrywort Olympics.)
    You asked me whether I sell any of the things I make. I actually don't because Germany has stricter retail laws - I'd only be able to sell on Etsy or Artfire and up to now I just haven't been able to balance the effort that would involve with the little money it would bring in. More successful has been the sale of my patterns, but you need to have a very good and/or original pattern and/or a very striking final piece to sell it. People have to look at it and think, "Wow - I want that. And maybe I could make it myself!" I'm sure the ladies who designed the Babette and Moorish Mosaic Afghan are now regretting the fact that they sold their work to a big magazine instead of retaining the rights themselves ...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been in those exact shoes. Honey in school...me the provider. Wanting a family. Just trust and believe me all those dreams will come to pass. We really were on the same page:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great quote to keep in mind.
    I once worked for a sweet lady who was a worrier....her famous saying was "I intended to worry about that last night but didn't get around to it" ha
    this stage will pass, hang in there! Keep that positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thank you each for your encouraging words! I do hope I can be as encouraging to my readers as you all are to me. :)

    Gingerbread Lady: I completely agree, there is definitely a time to be concerned about certain things! ;) My problem is that I label all of my "worrying" as "cautious planning ahead," or simply "being concerned," and then I just worry about everything, *sigh!* So it's not that being concerned is a bad thing, it's the trouble of being able to separate deserved concern from needless worrrying. ;)
    I know just what you mean about not being able to balance the effort to profit from craft sales, I am in the same place with a few of my own handmade items and it can be frustrating at times. :) Thanks for answering my question though! I might be interested in purchasing a granny-square pillowcase from you at some point if you'd be up for that.

    To my new visitors, thank you so much and welcome to my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that quote and I am a worrier by nature, but I know it does not please God so I am trying to do better. I think I have been doing better for some time so that is good. Worrying can't change anything anyways so...Happy weekend!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that quote! i'm still smiling just thinking about it! i'm going to have to file that one away! and, my husband is a high school teacher, so early on, we didn't have much money at all. still don't really and since i've always been a stay at home mom things have been really tight in the past. it gets better! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your encouraging words, they really do mean so much! It's so great for me to witness other women who've been in my shoes, are a bit further in life, and can look back and smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!