Monday, April 4, 2011

Lundi

Well everyone, Monday is almost done (and for some of you, it already is)! I don't know about you, but I have such a hard time returning to "the daily grind" each week, and then once the day is finished, I usually realize that I had quite a nice day and need to stop being so sour about Mondays! ;o)

I spent my day (7:00-4:00) at work, then attended my every-other-Monday ladies' Bible study tonight. We meet at 5:30, share dinner and conversation, then sit down to read scripture in application to the book we've been reading (which right now is "The Micah Mandate: Balancing the Christian Life" by Dr. George Grant which I love and highly recommend). We engage in a lot of honest, serious (okay, sometimes a bit of giggling is involved) and heartfelt conversation about how we feel God is leading us in our daily lives, and how we may improve our walks with Him, our representation of Him, and any other encouraging and admonishing thoughts we come up with. We also pray, and then enjoy coffee with dessert once we are done (I skipped dessert to come home early this time).


 It is so encouraging to meet with a medium-sized (about 8-15) group of women from all different paths of life, and I always feel so refreshed afterward. The group was originally put together for older women, moms who can leave their children at home with their husbands (or anyone else willing to help) for the evening, and young women. Unfortunately, there are no mothers, as it seems that none of them can get away for one evening. I fall in a rather different place from most of the ladies present; I am a young, married and (so far) childless girl, while everyone else is an elderly woman or a young single girl. I rather like my "in-between" phase, it is great to hear the thoughts of other women who have seen and experienced so much more than me, and often have very helpful and encouraging advice for life. And once I do have my own babies, I'm lucky enough to have a husband who has already promised to take over the evening routine with them so that I can "getaway" to Bible study if I want to. Isn't he so sweet? ;oD

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello, I hope you had a delightful Monday, and I hope you have some sort of encouraging group of friends in your life with whom you may fellowship in laughter and friendship. Friends from all different places in life are food for the soul, and everyone feels happier when they can share their thoughts and hopes with others. I am off to enjoy a  bowl of ice cream and a nice spot of tea while watching one of my favorite shows with my wonderful man! He won't watch any other "girly" shows with me (which is okay with me, it makes him more manly anyway), but we both like this one! I know, we're weird. ;oP


Goodnight,

3 comments:

  1. How nice you have found a group of kindred spirits with which to meet and study. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found my blog...so I could find your! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mary, I really enjoy my group of ladies! t is the one bit of "girl time" that I get right now in my life, and I always cherish and look forward to it. I think every woman deserves some happy time spent with other ladies, it's so healthy. :)

    Betsy, thank you so much for visiting and following my page! I greatly admire you, you love your family so much and it just shines through on your blog. :oD

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!