Thursday, April 14, 2011

Friday, Friday, Friday is my favorite Day!

Tomorrow is indeed Friday, hooray! I am very much looking forward to getting our apartment clean, laundry folded, good food cooked, etc. etc.....there just seems to be no time during the week. I get home from work at 4:00 (I work a nine-hour day), and I just don't feel like doing anything. I know that sounds so pathetic---I don't even have any kids to feed or care for once I get home! But by the time I am here, all I want to do is plop down onto the couch with some tea and have someone else make my dinner. ;o) Ah well, I have it very good, and I am very thankful for my great job that I truly do  enjoy.

I just wanted to share a few pictures of a crochet project that I am often playing with when I have spare time. It's really a very simple pattern, but so much can be done with it if chosen! You can find the pattern for your own use here on the Lion Brand website. I've tweaked it to my own liking, and each time it turns out a little bit differently!


These are crocheted Rosettes! They are very simple to make, and turn out beautifully! I like to make pins and hair pretties out of these, and they make great gifts. One flower is easily finished in 15 to 30 minutes, depending on your crochet speed.


I use wool sock yarn to make my rosettes, and the colors always turn out differently and are so gorgeous! You can do so much with the variety of shades, and every flower is unique. I don't have any pictures of the felt and pin backing that I use right now (I was nice and gave all those finished brooches away, lol), but it is very simple to put together. Here is a close-up of two finished flowers. They are each about two inches in diameter.


And as you can see, I have sewn three little pearls within each of these two lovelies, they glam them up a little bit. ;o)

Once I am done making each flower, I cut out a small round-edged square of brown felt and stitch it to the back, then I use a hot glue-gun to attach a metal pin (to wear as a brooch of sorts), or even to a large-sized bobby-pin (to wear in one's hair). These flowers could be attached to hats, pillows, rugs, blankets, scarves, you name it! I will be attempting to sell off some of my stash this next winter at several local bazaars.

Anyway, just thought I'd share! These are addicting to make, and require little money and really very little crocheting experience. If you do make some, I'd love to see your pictures! 

Have a happy Thursday night! 
Until tomorrow,

6 comments:

  1. I love. love. love. the roses!! I needed this pattern to finish off a hat I made earlier this year!! Thank you so much for sharing! enjoy your weekend! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so pretty --- they remind me a bit of the Irish crochet roses, but I like the addition of the pearls and all the pretty colours better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way - I have seen (and LOVE) 'Hot Fuzz'! It's not very different to where I live, we've even got crazy senior citizens , too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls, I'm so glad you like the roses! They really are lots of fun to make, and they're a nice low-key project for an evening "zone-out" movie time. ;) Have fun if you try the pattern out!

    G.L.: I'm so happy to hear that you loved Hot Fuzz! It's one of my favorites, my man and I love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I am new to your blog. Glad I found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to crochet but rarely find the time. My grandmother taught me so crocheting is a fond memory for me. I have since taught my daughter and she seems to have caught on an enjoys it. Anyway, these roses look very pretty. They would look lovely on a sweater or hat. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!