Sunday, March 27, 2011

My new "shinies"

So I had my birthday a week ago, and I'm beginning to get to the age where I just don't quite know what I want for gifts when friends and family ask me what they should buy me. I think part of it is that I feel too embarrassed to ask for anything in particular, it just feels so selfish, even if it is my birthday! ;)

But!! I did mention to my mom that I wanted a cheap pair of payless brand heels ($20). She quickly responded by asking me "They aren't leather though, are they?" to which I promptly replied "no, but I'm not going to go out and spend $60 on a pair of leather heels right now!" In the end, she took me shopping, and I got myself a pair of these beauties!

Isn't that shoe divine?? They feel so retro and French to me, I love the old-fashioned style they exude. I've never owned a real pair of (leather!) heels up until now, and I felt quite glamorous as I clicked my way into church this morning. :o) It's nice to have something to "shine up" one's outfit sometimes, even if that something is on my feet. 

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and classy...just perfect. Happy belated birthday to you! Have a happy week.

    God Bless,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathleen, and thanks for visiting my blog! :oD

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!