Thursday, March 31, 2011

Laughter IS contagious

I am a nanny to the cutest little duo of twins, a boy and a girl who just turned two years old! Some days they really take it outta me, and other days are nice and laid back, full of reading (well, we do lots of that everyday, of course), coloring, crafting and playing. I wish I could post pictures of them, but to retain the correct privacy on their behalf as well as my own, I cannot do so unfortunately. :( It saddens me to not be able to share a photo, they are so adorable!


I will refer to the twins as "little b," and "little g," for little boy and little girl. ;o) The latest thing that little g has been doing always brings a great big smile to my face and laughter to both my lips and my heart! We like to go for a walk through their neighborhood in the morning each day, and the kids have recently begun to understand the concept of counting. Little g likes to count all of the daffodils (or as she calls them, "Dabbodees"), and if there are more than two, she begins laughing hysterically and shouts "Funny! Funny!" all while slapping her legs and stamping her feet! I cannot help but laugh out loud when she does this, and her brother watches in amusement as well, giggling and grinning hugely in admiration.


It seems that all little children do the same things at certain points in their lives, but they never fail to surprise and entertain me, no matter how small or silly their action might be! They sure can be stinkers at times, but they are twice as sweet to make up for it. Twins are especially fun; they entertain each other and learn from each other, it truly is fascinating to watch their bond grow!

I am working a lot on speech, counting and patience (their own patience, and haha, mine as well) with these two right now. They are in the midst of learning both Swedish and English, and while they are doing quite well, their English is definitely a little behind most American kids at their age. But hey, they do always remember to say "Thank you," "Yes Please," "Bless you," and "Help please" in the correct situations, so I guess I've got some decent foundations laid out! 


Another thing we have been occasionally working on is this:


And so far it is going quite well! I'm sure by age 2&1/2 things will really be rolling. By August 2011 I will have been working in the childcare setting for four years. My first childcare job was in a day-care, where we potty-trained 18(!!!!) 2.5 year-olds at a time. Boy was that crazy! It is very convenient to have that experience etched into my memory though, and I am grateful to be able to put it to use now. I am especially glad for these experiences that will prepare me for my own kids, I know they will come in so handy! :)



4 comments:

  1. Hello.....
    It is so good to make a new blogger friend.
    I love your blog and will enjoy your stories of the twins and being a Nanny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoyed you post today. I always love to visit here and stay in touch with what you are doing. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and blog! Sounds like you have your hands full with the twins. Thanks so much for stopping by, it's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I have a lot of fun writing about my adventures with the twins, and it's fun to share what a day in the life of a nanny is like. I am so glad you enjoyed my post, thanks for your sweet comments! :) Please come again, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!