Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby Blanket Re-boot

I have been a crocheter for about two years now. Unfortunately for me, I haven't had the time (or energy) to really sit down and learn some of the really neat stitches, or else I'd probably be making really awesome things right now! I can, however, create hats, blankets, washcloths (not too hard), flowers and other nifty little things just by using my own imagination, sans pattern. I haven't yet tried to write down the patterns I design, but I'm sure if I really wanted to I could come up with a few on paper.

My very first project ever was a baby-blanket I had planned to give to a friend who was expecting. However, at that time I didn't understand the concept of chaining one at the end of each row, and said blanket was rather.....crooked. So for the last few days I've been pulling all the stitches out of this horrid blanket so that I might begin anew. I have finished a few rows, and am liking the way it's turning out so far! I have so many friends with babies, and I feel like all I've been making are gifts to give away. I have thus decided that this creation will be saved for my own sweet babies! I am going to begin making little things here and there to put away for the time when I have my own children, which will be in two or so years, God willing.

I will be sure to post some pictures of my new project tomorrow, but for now, please accept my apology, I am pooped from a long day with some energetic babies, and simply  must put my feet up and sip on a strong cup of tea! I do hope you are enjoying your day or night, wherever you may be!

See you tomorrow!




2 comments:

  1. Practice makes perfect, ma cherie! Il faut pratiquer, pratiquer, pratiquer (c'est pour ta famille francaise) :-)

    Actually, I'm the kind of crocheter who finds a pattern and then crochets it to death, till she can do it in her sleep. I fall in love with a pattern and I have to do it over and over. I guess that helped me become comfortable with a lot of stitches ... because I didn't have to worry about the pattern, once I'd figured it out and felt comfortable with it. And there are SO MANY cute patterns for crocheted blankets...

    Anyway, you have to post a picture of your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gingerbread Lady! ;oD

    Your words are encouraging, and I do believe I WILL start crocheting something "to death" as you say, until I can understand each new stitch properly. I have this weird phobia of teaching myself new stitches, I don't know what my problem is! I love all of your blankets, and especially those granny-square pillows you've made, those are SO beautiful! I have never even made a granny-square, how pathetic is that?

    Thank you for your sweet words, I am flattered that you read my blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you're leaving me a little note? Thank you, how I do love to hear from you! :o)
Please be polite and clean, and I will be happy to post your comment after approval.

Merci, Danke, Gracias, σας ευχαριστώ, děkuji, 感谢, Grazie, ありがとう, Thank you!!